5.21.2012

Our not so exciting week

This past week was not as glamorous as I wish it would have been! I had big plans to drive to New Bern and check out the lake, maybe find a decent mall near by, go to the beach and do some swimming while the guys are knocking right in Jacksonville and having their meetings pushed back an hour, I was hopping to do something fun but we got rained out! It literally rained all day long Monday- Friday! We have hurricane Alberto to thank for all of this lovely rain and wind. Even though he is suppose to hit later this week, they think, we are still getting LOTS of rain from him. We are actually in the warning zone but at the very end of it, which is pretty awesome since I have never been in a hurricane and I don't want to witness one now! So we might be getting the "light" version of a hurricane, I am guessing we will see some major rain coming down, in our minds ha (I'm sure if we were in Florida or South Carolina it will be much worse) and some crazy wind. Any way the rain cleared up on Saturday, total bummber because Treag is gone from 9am-9:30pm on Saturdays. I was able to hang out with 2 of the wives that don't have babies, yay for them not having kids with me! We went to the pool and tried to get a little sun, did some grocery shopping and that was seriously my day! This week we have spent most of our time together at the gym or home watching movies and snuggling with the kittens. Sunday it was over cast but we were so sick of being in all day long we decided to hit the beach up for a little walk. We had a blast walking on the beach and watching the surfers. The waves were huge because of the hurricane I'm guessing? It was a great relaxing day. The office also had a little hot dog BBQ. They have been doing it almost every Sunday, I love because I only have to make a side dish, and not an entire Sunday dinner! 
We are loving living in North Carolina! I don't think we ever want to move from this little state! I decided I want to live in New Bern though, adorable little town! Its only 45min ish away from Raleigh! (Raleigh is a pretty happening town, with lots of shopping and things to do, I hear) We like Jacksonville, we don't love it. It has one main road with just about everything on it, which is good and bad. Traffic blows on Saturday, Sunday, 8-10am and 4-6pm every day of the week. ha so we just avoid going to town at those times.  Also and totally mind blowing, their produce suck here! And everything is about double the price groceries are in Rexburg. Everything is frozen and about to go bad as well, so you have to buy what you need for the next 2 days and if you don't eat it by then you have to throw it out. Which is super annoying because that means I have to go grocery shopping more than once a week. I must say I did LOVE grocery shopping in Texas. (The only thing I liked about Texas:))We do love being right on the coast. A 15-20 min drive and we are at the beach. The east coast is SOO much better than the West coast! ha I seriously don't understand all the hype about California :) Their beaches are FREEZING and so dirty compared to ours. The water is blue and clear, so gorgeous! We love the southern charm out here! Everyone is so polite, even the people you think wouldn't be! I love the yes and no sirs and ma'ams, I hope we catch on to that habit!  We sure have fallin in love with the south! 
Hopefully this week we will do something fun to blog about!


 This is our little girl gray
crossing our fingers our friends really do want her in 2 weeks!
She is super cute is she not?!
Charlotte, She LOVES Treag hence her sitting by his head watching him
he loves her too, I think we might keep her :)
Isn't this one cute?! My mama wants her and I don't blame her she is a doll!
Seriously all we do is play with these little guys all day long!

No comments :

Post a Comment