5.25.2012

Morning at the Beach

Last night Treag and I decided we needed a break from the week, so we decided to wake up early and head to the beach in the morning! The weather was perfect! The sun was shinning with just a little breeze. We quickly laid our beach towels down and soaked up the sun! I could lay out and read a book all day at the beach never moving an inch, Treag on the other hand gets super antsy after 15 minutes and has to jump in the water! He is so fun to watch dive into the waves and swim around like a little fish! The waves were huge this morning, and it was high tide. We had to sit up almost on the dunes so we wouldn't get wet! We spent the morning laying out, reading books, talking,watching the surfers, eating lunch, swimming around, or in my case walking around waist deep. :) While we were drying off a bit, Treagan asked me if there were a lot of shark attacks in NC. Since I am a shark pro (I watch Shark Week every year,) I of course said I don't think there has ever been on here. Ha But to be on the safe side I decided to look it up. Well low and behold there was one right on North Topsail, right where we were! The only place in NC where they have had them that I saw, was in the exact place we were swimming around in! There was one last 4th of July in the shallow part, by a Bull Shark! Lets just say we decided to pack it up and leave since neither one of us dared go in after that :)It was such a fun morning being able to spend some time with my Hunzie! Right at noon when we were getting ready to leave it started raining on us! It never just "rains" here lets be honest, it's a total down pour for a good hour or so and then it lets up and is a gorgeous day again! It is so different from Idaho and we love it! It is currently starting to let up! Hopefully it turns into a nice cool day for the Hunzie while he is knocking doors!
This is how most of our morning was spent





 Okay you really can't see any rain but I took this at 1:30pm on our deck. Its dark and pouring rain! 



2 comments :

  1. Allie! You guys are hands down the cutest couple EVER! Seriously, I just spent too much time reading your blog and stories! What a sweet love story you guys have and what a beautiful wedding. Love it all! Wish I could hang out with you guys more out here... haha I guess I can just get to know you through your blog... creepy... :) ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the beach. I could spend everyday of my life watching the ocean! I am glad you are having so much fun, we should plan a Sunday to meet up at a beach halfway between us! It would be so fun to see you guys again!

    ReplyDelete