7.15.2012

Down Town Fayetteville

We made the short move to Fayetteville NC last week! So far we have loved this town. Well I wish we lived in a different part of town. Our apartment is the second to the last building before a nasty gas station and then the projects are right there! We have a drug dealer that comes to apt regularly, he is actually super nice. ha Treagan says he might not be a dealer. Just a guy in basketball shorts and white tank top looking a little trashy driving around doing nothing in a $150,000 car. His dad might have bought it for him...  Um yeah. Also the Walmart by our place is super dangerous, shootings in the parking lot, cops walking up and down the lot all day. I can't go there without treag, well once we found that out we just don't go there. :( Other than Walmart and the projects being around the corner the town is super cute! I guess I can't complain about the crime. Treags office is literally killing it everyday because of it ha Friday I convinced the Hunzie that he needed to go to the old down town with me. It is so cute I could die! I could spend all day walking up the streets and exploring the town. We only had about an hour to explore because we lost our keys for a good hour and a half. Hopefully I can convince him to go again with me one of these days. Everything is funner with Treag! Our first stop was the clock building. . . I actually have no idea what it is called. It's in the center of town and the traffic goes around the building. I wanted to go walk inside of it so we dodged the small amount of traffic and walked around. I found out that this building is over 200 years old! It's where they used to trade slaves back in the 1700's. It's the oldest thing I have ever seen! (And I'm sure only parts of the building are that old, they have had to restore it) I obviously need to go to Europe ha this building has nothing on them. We ended our morning by trying this little pizza shop for lunch. It was super yummy, it reminded me of NYC pizza. Oh I need to go there! Hopefully at the end of the summer! Cross your fingers for me :) Oh, we went to our new ward today and I love it! It's actually not our ward but the bishop and his wife said we could still come. Its the Fort Bragg ward so everyone is in the military. I totally love military families! Also when we walked in to sacrament I saw Elder Wighman, or Breck. How crazy is that, he is the missonary in our new ward. I was pretty excited to see a familiar face! We went up and chatted with him for a few minutes and invited him and his companion over for dinner Aug 5th ha Anyway we had a great first week here, we are loving that we are in a big city (200,000 people) and we can't wait to find a few more fun things to do here!

 Cute "clock building"


 Isn't this cute! This is what the streets look like! So green and just adorable
I could live here if it didn't have such a high crime rate! 
This lady is painting that!
She has some major talent I had to take a pic.
She had just started it when he drove in and was finishing it when we were leaving

2 comments :

  1. Ali, it looks like you are having fun exploring North Carolina... and the east has sooo much history! That's the one thing I loved about living in VA. Hope you guys enjoy the rest of your summer and that you stay safe, Ali. You don't belong in the ghetto! haha LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh it looks like there are some nice places here. I haven't even gone out! You always look so amazing!! Yes I am finally looking at your blog! I love all the detail you write. I am so short. I bet you look back and are so glad you did!

    ReplyDelete