7.16.2012

4th of July

The 4th of July is my all time favorite holiday! Treagan argues with me every year about how the 4th can't possibly be my favorite, but it is. I love, love fireworks, parades, pie, fried chicken, and getting to spend the day with family. I love the 4th in Rexburg. Since we have moved I miss waking up and going to the parade early in the morning, spending the day boating at the lake, eating yummy food all day, and ending it in crazy traffic trying to find the perfect spot to watch fire works in Idaho Falls. This year was actually pretty fun. Treagan had to go out and knock at 8am but he got home around 4, which was great! I spent the morning making my mini pies, and watching Friends until Treag got home. When he did get home we decided the pool was the 3rd best thing to the lake, I wanted to go to the beach but we had the office party at 6 so we really didn't have time. We met up with everyone at the park and had a yummy dinner of fried chicken, pastas, and lots of fruit! The wives out here made the cutest food. I wanted pictures of them but we got there right when everyone was dishing up! The guys played soft ball and the wives watched and played with the babies. It was SO hot I thought I was going to die, I had to go sit in the car for a while with the AC blowing in my face! I really wanted to drive down to Willmington beach to see the fire work show, top ten out there southern living magazine said! Of course Treag had to finish the soft ball game and when he finally finished we didn't have time to get there before they started. The drive is almost 2 hours so yes we missed out on my favorite part this year! :( But the office had some fireworks that the guys lit off, and some people down the road had some pretty sweet ones that we watched. It was a pretty great 4th this year! I already can't wait until next year!
I stole this pic from one of the wives blog, I didn't take any pics of them playing ball!
Treag is in the far back ground! 

1 comment :

  1. Looks like it was a blast! We missed out on fireworks this year too because it is banned in this county :-P that's 2 years in a row :-(
    But I love your mini little pies! So cute!

    ReplyDelete